Saturday, June 20, 2009

Say Thank You How To Love One Another Holy Part II

Ellen

Say Thank You.

Ellen taught me a powerful lesson. It is hard to put into words because it lives in each of my cells. I wish I could breathe it to you… that lesson is to say, “Thank You.”

Ellen is my dear friend and a spiritual teacher who teaches both with and without saying a word. She teaches with an inquisitive play of light gaze, a glorious silence, with a painting or with a spill of words that are like moonlight on your skin. She is a raiser, razer, razor – an array of light lifting you up, a tool to split the wheat from chaff and a delicate blade that cuts away debris that had been covering an orchid, and more than that a ray’s oar – a tool to steer us back into the sea of light. A voice and a visionary, but also a person who is willing to live here and be real, Ellen is invested in being a part of life, grateful for each day and every step with all of us.

One way she taught me to say “thank you” was showing me to look for and express the things I am grateful for in another person. Ellen didn’t tell me to do this or even suggest it, she told me how valuable it was for her to do it. Ellen writes letters telling people how grateful she is for what they’ve done and how important they are to her. She gives great thanks, not just for what people do, but genuinely for who they are. She looks deeply, way past the surface, into the details to make sure she sees how valuable each person is. She is vigilant about this; she wants to make sure that she sees the Good in each of us and, by her seeing it, she gives us the opportunity to see it as well.

Ellen’s gift of gratitude is one I love sharing with everyone, for it is an every day, every moment, spiritually, practical way to Love everyone. When I look at you deeply, with appreciation, I see the gifts of Heaven you are and the earthly talents you possess. I see how you incorporate those talents and Truth into your lives and I am immediately grateful and blessed, blessed to be with each and every one of you.

When I am grateful for and to you, I am immediately a better person. I work with you more fruitfully, Love more fully with you, laugh louder with you and do everything more exquisitely with you, because I see how Great you are. When I say, “thank you,” I’m grateful to be here with you, right now, because I know I am with Heaven when I am with you.

Ellen taught me that gratitude is not something we give when we have received something we like, but is a state we exist in, are free to give and are freed by giving. She taught me that gratitude is a way of life and that from gratitude it is an easy step up into happiness, peace and being in Love with everyone. Ellen has a happiness to her, a spring in her step, a spring like a fountain and a spring like roses coming up and like a four-year old smiling in the daisies. Ellen has a way of saying, “I’m grateful to you, I’m grateful for you, now let’s go play, I want to play with You.”

Here is an excerpt from one of Ellen’s books on God’s Love:

May I Say “Thank You”

All the heavens and earth bend toward you, giving you life and a shared experience. With this I bend toward you too, caressing the parameters of your life, breathing in a sense of gratitude for all you bring to this creation.

Without you I would not be complete, for you are my completion. Without you I would be without my beloved. And without you I would be but a thought, not a song.

Take this then, as a token of my gratitude. In all creation you are the harbinger of my salvation. Through you I express my presence. Because of you I become the notes of the song, the harmonized chord, the melody and the refrain.

Thank you, Ellen.

I Am grateful for you Every Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment