Thursday, July 8, 2010

"I'll Eat You Up, I Love You So" - Where The Wild Thing Are by: Maurice Sendak

For a long time, in the spiritual process, I had a misconception that part of it was about fixing myself. I spent long hours trying to send my mind back to God, to put my mind into God, forgive it and get rid of it and what was wrong with me, so I could be Good. That hurt.

Tonight, after a hard week, I again tried to put my mind into God, something I hadn't done in a long time and what I heard back was, "I'll only have you because I love you so." In that message was the visceral tone of, "you are not flawed," and I felt myself swallowed, engulfed by the holy heart of Love, myself embracing me as Love, again.

I heard and felt to share this with everyone.

Our minds are not flawed. It is safe to love who you are - mind, body and soul. That spiritual process is not about disintegrating your mind, but rather about being the one who is loving you enough to love who you are.

It's not about seeing through the flawed outer spectacle to see the beautiful inner self. It is about loving the clown and the sacred, the bumbling fool we can be and the beautiful trapeze artist. The mind is quite a creator and we can actually enjoy the play. Enjoy the creation that we are, as well as be That I Am.

May you be blessed to experience your self as Love,
inner Light and Holy Truth.

May you be the forebearer, follower and giver of this Truth
to all you touch, including your dear, sacred self.

Please remember God is Love, Lover and Beloved and God is You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment